Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odvaha map (WIP)

Okay so with a little work I think it works a little better.

I have one that has a lake at the base of the water falls and one without that. let me know which one works better…please...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	odvaha.river.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	789.9 KB 
ID:	61211
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	odvaha.smaller.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	790.1 KB 
ID:	61210  
    Last edited by Domino44; 02-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Ummm...

I like the lake, cause it makes sense for water to pool at the base of a fall, but it looks... off, somehow.

Without the lake, it looks a lot plainer than it did before (insane, because your falls are gorgeous!)

I went back to your original picture and I think you could pull off the quad falls if you wanted - the problem was the river splitting, right? So make it a second river?

(Better than mine, of course)

Name:	domino falls.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	61215

But, either way, if we go to the lake issue... it looks like the falls are hitting 2 different heights of land.

So when you make that into one big lake, it looks like it should be spilling over the side (or have a mini-falls in the lake) and the river would'nt form there.

Either way, the water isn't going to get narrower so suddenly under the falls... that's a lot of momentum behind the water, so it will move fast/heavy and cover/erode slightly higher ground at first Also, there are some areas (without the lake) that still look like they are on a hill. You might add a tiny amount of spray there? Or maybe it's my horrible water that makes it look that way?

Name:	domino falls.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	61216

All that being said... I think all the versions are lovely, and whichever you go with will be fine
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Thanks Jalyha! that was very helpful.

I know it's been a while since my last update and I apologies but I have been so busy with school. I did do some work though.

Name:	odvaha.rough.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	827.1 KB 
ID:	61352

Well despite any problem with the river split the falls themselves are gorgeous, reminds me of something from Africa.

Blog Entries

It looks beautiful!! ^.^ I like your waterfall lakes, and the trees help a lot with the perspective issue I was having!!

(And darnit I just got that Africa song out of my head, and now it's back >.< )
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Two things that bother me a bit : First the map looks dark and dull, then thre's a gap between the sharpness of some elements (rivers, trees and south east island mountains) and the blurryness of others (mountains). Did you scale up some brushes?

Thank you Jalyha and madcowchief!

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Two things that bother me a bit : First the map looks dark and dull, then thre's a gap between the sharpness of some elements (rivers, trees and south east island mountains) and the blurryness of others (mountains). Did you scale up some brushes?
    Yes this is a darker map, the theme behind this map is a little bleak and I wanted the map to have that kind of dull look to it. I did have to scale up some of the brushes, is there any easy fix to make the mountains look sharper?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12