Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small castle village

Default Small castle village

I'm starting a map of a castle on a hill. I think I'll build a little village surrounding it. Its late so I won't finish tonight. The image looks small, but it's just one part, the map will cover a much larger area, eventurally. Here's what I got so far... (I call it a WIP, but this should be finished tomorrow.)

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle-hill.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	560.6 KB 
ID:	61114
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

It looks REALLY good

Trying to figure out what that spot is, though, by the tree at the right ?
    Have you "liked" a post today?

A graphical anamoly on the rock texture - I'll cover it up, once I move ahead with this.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Oh oops

Well I really like how you did this.... I wish I could get that 3D effect on my stuff >.<

Bevels and shadows (and nice textures in use) in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 is my secret!
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Journeyer

Great job GP

Thanks, KenG!

No village yet, but I'll get there. Placed my need for a water feature with 2 creeks merging, a bridge, and some of the surrounding area. I might finish tonight, or I might be lazy and take more of the weekend - progress though.

GP

Name:	castle-hill-more.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	61142
    DrivethruRPG store

Would I be right in sensing a slight japanese influence with regards to the castle design - what with the divided long winding route up the hill and the surrounding walls?

Looks great so far I think.

Buildings next. I guess its grown from a village to a very small town, now that there is a proper town wall. I'll finish this tomorrow. I have another hour into the map.

@Larb - I see what you mean, perhaps I am influenced subconsciously. My intent was to show an approach road winding up a rocky promitory. I thought adding some extra defenses might make the small castle slightly improved.

Name:	castle-hill-town.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	61149
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-08-2014 at 04:51 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

How do you DO that with the grass? Grunge it up, make it more dirt without losing the feel that it's the same piece of land? >.<

*kicks my own maps*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast