Thread: Oh, hey there.

Default Oh, hey there.

Hi - I stumbled across this forum whilst looking up cave maps. I'm love maps and have enjoyed some books about the history of them, but am not so great at making them. I'm also pretty new when it comes to the whole forum thing, so bear with me if I come across a little confused.
    I self-publish my comics, and have a map I'd potentially like to improve if time allows me before printing one of them. I'm pretty tired, so I'll leave it at that for now. Glad to stumble across this pleasant corner of the internet - the work I've seen on here so far is daunting, inspiring and fantastic.

There are a few other comic creators who joined recently. It's nice to see there are people other than me interested in making comics. So what kind of comic are you working on?

Welcome to the guild

Hey Robin - that's cool! Generally my stuff's short stories - crude and bizarre, with amusement prioritised over craft. I'm currently working on this though - this issues coming to a finish and should be printed by valentines, so I dunno if I'll have time to re-do the map but it'd be cool if I could! Today i'll be drawing some cave maps. But I'm probably gonna do it at my grandparents and won't have any internet access, so it'll be off my own back.
    How about yourself?

Guild Novice

Hey Askance Rai! Nice to meet you!

Your comic looks interesting, but it's not really my style. Personally I like shonen (boy) manga (Japanese comics). I'm going to be creating a comic called Melody Box, but although I have most of the plot worked out my drawing skill aren't good enough to even start the short story/ prologue I'm planning to do. If you are interested I have a WIP for my map that has some of the history in it. ->http://www.cartographersguild.com/re...-included.html

Guild Journeyer

Hello:

Welcome to the guild forums. There is a great deal one can learn from them. I have learned a great deal in only a short time. Ask questions, the answer I have gotten have helped greatly.

Tracker

It's not for everyone! I guess similarily, I was never too big on Manga. That said, one of my favourite comics is Nausicaa by Miyazaki. The drawing in those books are intimidating. The map is looking pretty good so far! Be good to see it done up in ink.
    Also: Nice to meet ya too Pandemonium, and Tracker! If I get enough done today, I'll post up a draft of a map i'm putting in a comic panel for some critique. Thanks for the welcomes!