Thread: Greetings from Down Under

Default Greetings from Down Under

Hi

I'm Toby, a massive fantasy novel fan and long-time gamer.

I've recently developed an appreciation for cartography and these forums are just such a fantastic resource and community.

I'm from Western Australia and am just starting to work on some concepts for a fantasy series.

Thanks for having me here at Cartographer's Guild!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay.

Guild Novice

Hey there Loki! Nice to meet you! I'm new to the forums too, and also from Down Under (I'm over in Vic though!). I'm curious, what's your favourite a) game, b) fantasy series?

Hi Pandemonium

My favourite fantasy series has recently changed to The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I was completely blown away by this series as I never have been before. It's just so well written and so nice to see a different perspective than usual as well. Cannot wait for book 3.

My favourite game is a tough one as I've played so many. In terms of pure time spent of course it is WoW as I raided competitively for many years (was in an oceanic top guild for most of TBC and Wrath). The problem with WoW is that it is such a double edged sword though, it seems it has severely impacted on my ability to enjoy other games as I feel I am always 'chasing the dragon'.

Lately I am loving AC: Black Flag as well as Wildstar and I just got into the Titanfall beta and that seems very cool from my limited playtime.

How about you? What have you been playing / reading lately?

Welcome to the Guild Loki23!

Welcome to the Guild Loki! I loved the first of Rothfusses King-Killer books. I think the second would have benefited from a bit of good editing and abridging (the book was twice as long as it needed to be be and there were some uninteresting rabbit trails). Anyway, look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh