Thread: Unnamed world for a friend's book

Default Unnamed world for a friend's book

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, from what I can see of it, it looks pretty cool. I'd recommend posting a bigger image though, and posting it directly to the Guild, as many people don't like clicking links to off-site stuff (so you may get more replies).

I like the style and color balance. If I try political maps it always looks wrong.

About the world, however: Is this from south pole to north pole - The whole world? And the entities are nations? Because this would be very few nations and they would be huge! I mean: Gytak and Makith together are as big as all of Europe (approximately?), and they are dwarfs next to Drasfar, Assar, Telos and Victrix.

I just mention this because (I'm a smartass and) it's for a book and I don't think this makes for a good setting unless it's all about the inner politics of one of the nations. Example: From Lensir to Lynkin, at the thinnest point of Korolik, that is 800 km. That's like 20 days of traveling (by foot, ideal conditions)

Haha thanks guys. I'll post a bigger image when I'm not on my phone!

Maraxus; thank you! I'll pass that on to the author. It is the whole world south to North Pole and going on his description of the geography. So I was kind of stuck for number of countries and such. As it is he almost balked at having to name that many! Lol he wasn't expecting to need those details when he asked me for a world map. The story is a multilayered theme and sub theme thing. It's enormous and encompasses all the larger countries in a huge world war and I suspect some of the smaller ones as well if for no other reason than they got in the way. So. Many. Plots. Lol

I did wonder if the continents might be too big... But he liked them that size and hey, whatever the customer likes right?

Definitly. If the author has reasons for the nations to be that way (He wants certain nations bordering each other and has some idea which nation should have which climate zones), than they are good this way.