Thread: Seaking some Help / Paintball Map

Help Seaking some Help / Paintball Map

Hello, I have been poking around here for a while for my D&D stuff, and I have to say some of the work here is outstanding.

I am how ever not very good at making maps or even much photochopping stuff.

What I am hoping is to find some kind soul that can help me convert a google maps image into a more traditional looking had drawn map for our Big Game/Scenario.

Here is a small version of what I wanted to use as a starting map :

Code:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17534505/Pevs/banner-edit-small.png
    The idea would be to change this to something that looks more hand drawn. Maybe not quite as much detail on some things.

There would be 2 maps ( 2 generals ) printed on vinyl basically the same maps just different labels.

So if someone would be interested in doing this, I can't offer it as a paying gig, but if you play paintball or live in the NOVA area we maybe able to work out some trade goodies.

I don't think I have 5 posts yet so no PM's yet, poke me here and we can work something out.

Much appreciated for your time.

-Robert

Had to cut/paste the link in order to see what you were talking about. It would be easier if next time you can get the image loaded up here or if it's a clickable link.

Anyway, I'm not sure that you will get anyone who just feels like drawing this up but if it's not that big of a deal you could just pull it into Photoshop and run a filter over it to create a more hand drawn look.

That should take about 5 minutes.

Something like this for instance:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quick Filtered.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	68615
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Jaxilon - Thanks for the reply.

As to the linking, with my total post count the only way I could see to get the link to show was to use the code tags.

I have tinkered with a few filters, didn't care for how they came out. I may try to recreate it as line art then use a charcoal filers and see if that looks more along how I want it.

I was hoping someone that makes land mass D&D style maps that may have short cuts and texture pallet built up could knock it out fairly quickly.

Danke,

-Robert

Can't help much with converting your map. I just want to say I'm probably not the only Guilder who keeps seeing your thread title and wishing for a Jackson Pollock style map :-)...

Welcome to the Guild, though!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...G8&usp=sharing

Any of these work? Sorry about the external link, but it was faster and easier to just upload stuff to Drive. There are two sets of file sizes; "v#sm" are preview/web-sized. 1 - 3 are just variations of detail in greyscale/lines, and 4 is color.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Chashio, thanks

Those are on the right track.

Does any happen to know if there is a blank parchment looking back ground images around, needs to be of a decent size? These will be printed on Vinyl and be able 2ft in length.

Thanks

-R

Blog Entries

Gimp has a set of tools called "Gmic"
    G'MIC - GREYC's Magic for Image Computing: An Open and Full-Featured Framework for Image Processing
    that dose basically everything Imagemagick dose