Thread: Convert Maps?

Guild Applicant

Default Convert Maps?

Hello, there. I've been working on a map for a fake nation that I've created, Mkuki. As you can see below, I've gotten the shape I want of the country, the major cities, rivers, and a mountain range. My map is a .png file. I'm wondering if their is any way I could upload it to my copy of Campaign Cartographer 3. Any help is appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Federal Republic of Mkuki (CIA World Fakebook Map) (Large).png 
Views:	55 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	61353

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Inspired by African cultures, I'm guessing from the names? That's very interesting, not often done! I'm sorry I can't help with your question, I'm not a CC user so I don't know how that works, but I do hope you figure it out! Fantasy needs more Africa

You can insert the PNG as a background using Draw > Insert File.

When you set up the file, make sure its aspect ratio (width:height) is the same as the image you're inserting. The easiest way to do that is to simply to set the size equal to the image's resolution (1005 x 512 in the case of this image).

When you perform the operation, you'll have to click twice to indicate the corners of the image. Typically start with a click at the upper left then click again in the lower right.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    You can insert the PNG as a background using Draw > Insert File.

When you set up the file, make sure its aspect ratio (width:height) is the same as the image you're inserting. The easiest way to do that is to simply to set the size equal to the image's resolution (1005 x 512 in the case of this image).

When you perform the operation, you'll have to click twice to indicate the corners of the image. Typically start with a click at the upper left then click again in the lower right.
    It worked. Thank you so much, Midgardsormr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Inspired by African cultures, I'm guessing from the names? That's very interesting, not often done! I'm sorry I can't help with your question, I'm not a CC user so I don't know how that works, but I do hope you figure it out! Fantasy needs more Africa
    Thanks and yes. Swahili was my inspiration.