I have been working on a role-playing game set in the Pleiades Star Cluster, and have been struggling with producing maps for the setting. I've not done a large amount of cartography in the past, and what little I have done has been for campaigns taking place on a single continent or at the most 2. Mapping a star system or cluster is not something I know how to do, and any tips, help, or input would be much appreciated.

What I would like is a star map that feels more like an old-school nautical map, with the radial lines centered on each star, similar to the Portolan style of maps.
What I have so far is really inaccurate and frankly looks like a horse's butt, but like I said, I've no idea what I am doing
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pleiades Star Map.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	61233
Like I said, pretty pitiful.

If anyone out there would like to help me, please reply. If you'd be interested in mapping a star system or planet, by all means tell me and I will give you my list of planets and descriptions of each. Maps of ships are also really needed.
Nothing will be used without permission, and all images used will have their artists credited and pending publishment, paid appropriately. While nothing is certain yet, I do plan on publishing the game, and cool and interesting maps and artwork will help make that happen.
If you would like more information on the setting, please let me know.