Thread: WIP - Isles of Ivaru

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Wip WIP - Isles of Ivaru

So first post on this great forum and my first map I made in photoshop except the nonserieus paint creations. I made this map by cutting and pasting some parts of land (after clouds and treshold), the first time I got the great isle in the middle and I decided to just simple cut and past multiply islands in stead of merging them together to create one land. Now I have drawn the mountains, forests, grass etc. so I have an idea where I have to put them (by the help of brushes and paterns, I already have them but if you have some nice ones your free to post).

Now about the story of the islandgroup: I started the map with the idea of splitting the land in a part lived by humans and an elvenpart (I split the areas by a red line, north is elven, south is human) and I tried to give the land of the elves more elf names and vice versa (although I ain’t so sure about the three island names in the southwest, they don’t sound that humanlike as I wanted them to be). I had the idea that both sides would be in war so I also want to put in some base/attack camps and not only cities, but that won’t be much of a diference since I don’t draw the cities but just use icons or something o/
    Anyhow, just posting to get some feedback (or textures if you have some good ones) from the experts or suggestions for nice city/river placing/names.

Ps, just to make clear: I will draw the mountains and use paterns for the water/forests but I just use this colors for now to give myself and you guys an idea where they will come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	islesofivaru.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	780.1 KB 
ID:	5555