Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP inked style Dungeon map

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    Hmm I didn't have any tutorials I just saw the style of cross hatching and emulated it myself. My relatively quick version has some imperfections though. Its about like making any other seamless texture, set the pattern, use the offset tool if you are using Photoshop and then clean up the edges.
    Anyone know a tutorial for making cross hatching or have a link for usable images as layers?

Thanks.
    -GP
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

a link would be appreciated. I'm not finding it.

Thanks!
    -Gp

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Here's a link to a tutorial by Dyson Logos on how he does his crosshatching by hand:
    https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/...yson-dungeons/

And here's another:
    https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/...s_exclude=5387
    Last edited by Raiko; 03-01-2014 at 07:56 PM.

awesome!

Thanks!

-GP

Yay, useful links! Now I can read up on how to do it right. The problem with using other peoples crosshatching is it may not fit the line size or detail of your own maps, as well as the satisfaction of using your own elements. Wonderful to have tutorials on how to do it yourself.
    Last edited by madcowchef; 03-02-2014 at 01:21 AM.

I know that this is an old map posting, but out of curiousity, did you stroke the map selection to get the x-hatching or did you put it up on a separate layer? the depth of the hatching looks equal all the way around.

Cheers!

The cross hatching is all one big layer and I just used a layer mask to reveal it selectively. If I am remembering right I selected the floor, expanded the selection, then feathered it, and finally removed the original floor selection from that to get the particular look I achieved here (though I'm not sure I personally like the fade out on the cross hatching). Hope that helps!

Yay!! Wasn't expecting the layer mask, but it makes sense. Gonna have to dig up Bert's video on those again :-P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast