Thread: Help!

Help Help!

Hello,

I work for Understone Group, LLC and we are currently looking to have a map made for our upcoming book series, Grauwelt.

I've seen the rules for requesting a commission and I have almost everything I need.

Unfortunately I'm very new to maps and this site and I have no idea of a reasonable price range. This just needs to be black and white and fairly simple and not very large.

I understand that every map is different and every person is going to ask for something different depending on the amount of work they put into it but if anyone could give me a range, even a very broad range, or point me to the place on this site where I might be able to find it myself I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you, and if you are interested in this opportunity please contact me!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

You're right, ranges of prices can vary a lot depending artists reputation, skills, experience I guess it's up to you to choose an artist that matches both your budget and your tastes
    Last edited by - Max -; 02-11-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Lindsey!

I think I know what you're looking for... just a guesstimate, right? Someone to say "between $XX and $XXX"...

But that's not really possible, because, as Max said, it depends on many things.

Art of any kind is priced, like anything else, based on costs, and time, and such... but it also depends on quality, and reputation, and the type of artwork, and ... well, in my case, what the artist is willing to accept...

There isn't a range, really. If I like the idea of a project, and I have nothing else to do, and I like the person making the offer... I might do it for free... especially if there were other compensations. But you shouldn't expect free, because, well... things usually aren't.

There's a thread here talking about *how* prices might be determined, but since it ranges so drastically, it's not about actual prices you can expect for any particular type of map.

If you just want to know what type of map is least expensive, I'd say something simple, interesting, and fairly small? But even that might depend on what someone is most comfortable with.

So, your best bet is to do as max suggested, and just post a request and get some offers. Posting a request on the forums doesn't mean you have to pay anyone anything specific... just say you aren't sure what you can/will pay and maybe title it [Paid?] or [Unpaid] instead of [Paid]

I think.

Opinions - I have many.

Best of Luck~
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Thanks so much for all the help!