Thread: Greetings!

Default Greetings!

Hi!

I discovered Dungeon Crafter (1.4.1) years ago, and I still really like it, because it's simple. There's only one thing I miss - a good tileset with wood-texture. When I first worked with DC, there were many active users and sites with tiles and tilesets. I downloaded many of them, but the only set with a satisfying amount of tiles is the original "Abandoned Cathedral" (AC) set. A few days ago I reactivated DC to craft some maps for my new RPG round. AC is nice, but for normal houses in a fantasy world, I'd like to use a wood-set. I ripped google apart to find DC-tiles, but most sites or downloads were simply gone.

The few remaining resources I could find are these:

Dungeon Crafter Tiles from Cankersore
    Games > Roleplaying > World Building > Map Making > Tools > Dungeon Crafter (some links are down)
    Wingnut's Custom DC Pages
    Dungeon Crafter (most downloads of this small webring are down)

I grabbed all tiles I could get, even maps to extract single tiles from them. But many tiles are lost, due to broken download-links.

On the wingnut site I found out, that there is a set of wood-tiles by "Chris Labonville". I could grab some other tiles customized to fit this set, but not many. Especially the basic tiles are missing.

If there's anybody out there, who has tiles or sets (especially the mentioned wood set) - here's the place to answer my request!

I know, that DC is quite outdated, but I like it, just as I like oldschool games like EOB or Bard's Tale. Maybe there's someone, who has got all the tile-downloads from Tyger, or the above mentioned Chris Labonville, or at least the (transparent) object-files. With those the sets could somehow be reconstructed. I think, it would be great to put them all back online. It might be impossible to credit every creator, but I guess, I'm not the only one who likes to have the old DC with as many tiles as possible.

Hi Rukus, your post was caught in the moderated queue (probably because of the number of links in it) - apologies for the delay in approving it for general display. Welcome to the Guild. I don't use dungeon crafter but if you are after resources which might work with DC then have a look at the mapping elements section of the site. There may be something there for you

Thx and don't mind the delay. Worse things happen every day.

Unintended rhyming ... should be good for a +1 or so. *gg*

Well, my problem isn't a lack of "elements". Mostly for the preset tileset of DC I have loads of items (furniture, symbols, ...), and I could cut them out pixel by pixel, photoshop them, combine them with other floor-textures etc., but it's quite a Sisyphean task. I was hoping to find those tiles already made and maybe some new ones. I often get impatient when working with those tiny details, and it's not very productive.

If someone has at least the raw (transparent) items from the AC tileset, it would be much easier for me to (re-)construct the most prominent tilesets (AC, dark dungeon, stone, wood). When those sets are "complete", I'd like to upload them. But I don't like incomplete work. What's a tileset with wood-texture worth, if there's not even a chair or table in it?

For now I want to focus on dungeon and building tiles (fantasy/medieval), but I'll take everything I can get (for future projects). I'll be thankful for every kind of help.

Are you still looking for Dungeon Crafter 1.4.1 tiles? Your post is a couple years old now.

BTW - I haven't used my account enough yet so I can't PM. If you have an account on Dragonsfoot I am much easier to reach there (same name).