Thread: Do you have a Photoshop book recommendation?

Question Do you have a Photoshop book recommendation?

I'm thinking of heading to the bookstore this weekend (or Amazon.com) to buy a Photoshop book. I like having a physical reference in addition to the great tutorials available on the web (here and elsewhere). The ideal book for me would be a mix of basic reference and tips/tricks. I have a couple of these books already made for previous editions of Photoshop (7, CS3), but now that I've upgraded to CS6 and now that my interest has been re-ignited by this site, I may be willing to plop down another $30-50 for a new version.

Anyone have books or authors that they swear by?

Thanks.

Since you already have some for previous versions, I honestly don't think you need another book. Photoshop already have a help section included and you can probably find a section explaining the changes made from previous versions there or elsewhere on the internet.

That being said, I admit that I usually learn from experience and not from books or tutorials much.

Yeah, in general, I've never even cracked open any manual for any software I've ever used. Once I purchased on of those 400 page aftermarket software books and looked at one page, one time, and never again. Sometimes I might post a question on a software forum, or glance through the help files, but in most cases, I learn by doing it on my own.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations