Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tower at the end of the world WIP

Ooh, nifty. Already looking very cool. Excited to see more.

cheers,
    -arsheesh

Awesome idea and map so far! It makes me think about Discworld in a certain way (the good drawing style probably)

Are your falls made of water? It feels a bit "made of mud" imho.

Shading is done. Not sure about the water and sky colors but the rest look about right to me, might have to tinker with those two later. For the map elements I'm trying to decide who is drawing this map. How did they acquire familiarity with the location? Were they part of an expedition that landed, did they become stranded there for a time, are they putting this together from ancient sources and modern accounts? I'm leaning towards the last one then I can be alternately vague and detailed as I like but I'm not really decided yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex8v5.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	61594

This looks fantastic!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! I am in love with the idea of this map! Maybe add some white highlights to the water to give it some more shine? Only thing that bugs me as well is that the border around the stars look a bit pixel-y (couldn't think of a better word than pixel-y...) to me. I think the rest of the map overall has fairly smooth lines, it's just the stars that seem a bit jagged. But that's just me nitpicking as it's not something you notice unless you look at the map in full size.

Aside from that, I think everything is fine. I really love how you've drawn the cliffs and the jagged lines. The colours are all lovely as well, especially the sky. The purple works really well with all that water.

Fantastic map, Great idea!

Ya, wow. This is a really cool map, invokes memories of my childhood really.

Map elements are in. I tried a grid but it didn't really seem to make sense, ditto scale as I'm going with the assumption that the map was drawn from mostly verbal sources and crude hand drawn maps so the map maker wouldn't really know exact sizes (though I assume that didn't stop them from inventing a great deal of the rest of the material when they felt justified). Thanks for catching those stars Seredemia, they were in the back ground enough that I'd somewhat forgotten them, I got the pixelization down a bit. Anything that grates on the eyes in it or is incongruous with the rest of the elements?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex8v6.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	61617

I think it looks amazing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast