Here is my current project, I tried to save some along the way as I think progressions are interesting to see. I got a good ways into it over the last of day and a half, but now I am stuck on the style of the rocky hills/outcroppings whatever you wish to call them. I studied some other folks maps to get ideas on the styles out there and am considering a couple. The map itself will be of a rocking outcropping on the edge of the world (the water drops off the edge there and this sticks out beyond it). It will feature several locations as well as an outsized tower that will dominate the second raised plateau. I gave the three styles I'm considering numbers. I like all of them to an extent but fear that #1 might look out of scale as these aren't massive mountains, #2 has an angularity I'm not sure matches the rest of the features of the map, and #3 is OK but I find it less eye catching than the others. If none of these styles work I'd love to be pointed to some other suggestions. Thanks for all the great criticism on my projects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex8v-1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	61413
Conceptualization

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex8v1.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	61414
Landiness