View Poll Results: Vote for as many as you want to win!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Year of the Metal Dragon by Azelor

10 34.48%
  • Town of Leak by jbgibson

3 10.34%
  • Jannah Manor by Jalyha

9 31.03%
  • Fortress Scoopz by Scoopz

5 17.24%
  • Distant Frontiers by schattentanz

1 3.45%
  • Scribbles over Geometry by BvG

2 6.90%
  • The Children of the Ouroboros by fabio p

15 51.72%
  • Geometria by Waldronate

2 6.90%
  • Euclid's Tomb by Bogie

4 13.79%
  • Vacruel's Eyeball by rgcalsaverini

18 62.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **January/February 2014 Lite Challenge VOTING: Circle, Triangle, Square**

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default **January/February 2014 Lite Challenge VOTING: Circle, Triangle, Square**

We had a pretty great turnout this month, and some pretty great entries! Kudos to everyone that entered.

The challenge this month was to make a map containing a circle, a triangle, and a square. How that was done was completely up to the entrants.

Please vote for as many entries as you think appropriate, and don't forget to rep those you feel worthy. Voting will last for four days, after which the winner (or winners - we've had a couple of ties over the last few months) will receive his or her shiny new silver bling.

The thumbnail images for this month are here:

CLICK ME FOR MAPPY GOODNESS!

Blog Entries

I don't even know how to vote on this one. I didn't want anyone to think I was avoiding it, but...

I seriously don't know what to vote for. :/ Everything is very good, in very different ways...
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Many and great entries for this chalenge, it's kinda hard to vote :/ Congrats all you guys! I'm going to Fortress Scoopz, Vacruel's eyeball and the Children of Ouroboros (really i wouldn't force Bogie to enter only regular challenges now! )

Blog Entries

Okay... here I go.

I dunno if I'm doing this right, but I'm gonna give it a shot.

All the maps fit the shapes requirements, in really unique ways, and they are all really, really good.
    So... I'm going mostly by gut instinct and personal taste.

Year of the Metal Dragon by Azelor - I think this is a really great map, I love the concept, and I think the artwork is stunning. I don't think it quite meshes all together just right, yet... probably would have been my top choice with a little more time on it

Town of Leak by jbgibson - I think this is a very *useful* type of map. It's clean, it's pretty, it's simple, and it has a real-world application (if it were a real world) I love the fancy lettering, which, I think, fits the style. (I also love my hat shop!).

Jannah Manor by Jalyha - Hard to judge, because I put a LOT of work into this... but... I think it has artistic value. Not, probably, the best I could do *now* since I was still learning the software, and I made a lot of mistakes.... I think it's a really good map, of its' type, but probably too detailed for the purpose I gave it. Then again, my world = my rules... ah well.

Fortress Scoopz by Scoopz - A genuinely unique an interesting shape for a fortress, and a good map. The background is a bit distracting. I think if Scoopz had started earlier and not lost half his work partway through, this would have been a LOT better (and it's already really good), but maybe it didn't quite make it this time?

Distant Frontiers by schattentanz - Our only starmap! And good enough that I've used it as an example in other threads. I think it's fantastic, but I think it lost a lot by not integrating the original map more.

Scribbles over Geometry by BvG - This is just so interesting, artistically, that I want to vote for it.... but I don't understand (fully) what it represents/shows as far as map details.

The Children of the Ouroboros by fabio p - Fantastic. Hands down. I can't even say anything else.

Geometria by Waldronate - I wanted to vote for this just for that awesome story!! And it must have been hard to get that earthy (cheesy) look with seriously geometric shapes. But, again, no map data, and I don't think as much effort went into this as some of the others? Maybe that's just because it was finished so fast (!) and is an internal bias on my part (if it is, I am sorry) but with so many great, detailed *UNIQUE* entries, I think this one doesn't stand out as much as it otherwise would.

Euclid's Tomb by Bogie - Fantastic map. I kind of agree with Max, but I don't think it's fair to let your high-level skills bias my vote... So, great battle map, lots of details, and a mystery! I would have liked to know more about the tomb/area...

Vacruel's Eyeball by rgcalsaverini - Ah! That's the line where art meets map. This is a gorgeous picture, a great story, tons of visible effort gone into it, and it's a good map too.

So... how do I vote? The top map (for me) would have to be The Children of the Ouroboros, but they're all so different, and equally good in their own styles, so I can't just vote for one.
    I can't NOT vote for Vacruel's Eyeball... it's just too good.
    Bogie's map is great as always, (and if he wins, the rest of us have a chance in later challenges )
    My map... I instinctively see every flaw, but I think if it were someone else's map, I'd vote for it, so I will give myself a break this time >.<
    Town of Leak... as a purely functional map, it deserves votes, and I've been bribed with all the detailed inclusions of guild members.

I want to vote for them all, but that would make my votes pointless, so I'm sticking to these top 5.

But that's just my opinions, and I think in other challenges, with different competition, any of these maps would have been a winner.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Hmm Jalyha and Scoopz really? Voting for yourselves?
    Last edited by - Max -; 02-15-2014 at 03:31 PM.

No rules say you cannot vote for yourself, but traditionally no one does. I have even lost a challenge in the past by one vote, and would not 'save myself', though I voted for the winner.

Here's the challenge I'm speaking of... March 2010.

And here's my entry for that... village of Iwaizumi.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-15-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

D: I voted for myself. What have i done!?!?!?

@ Max & Jalyha You don't need to worry about me winning, there are a lot of great maps and it is looking like a landslide for the landslide map ( rgcalsaverini )

Blog Entries

Aye

And I had decided (since the rules are set up that way) that I will vote for mine if it deserves a vote, and not (as in past challenges) if it does not

Besides, we all know my one vote for me isn't going to change the winner here

@Bogie LOL at the landslide thing

@Scoopz: Pretty sure he's teasing, but if not, and you win by one vote, you can tell them to give your compass to second place

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast