Thread: RAWR I'm a new member! [Mapper]

Default RAWR I'm a new member! [Mapper]

Hey'oh all! I'm From NY and I thought I'd give this site a go. I make maps for my star wars D&D campaign and everyone loved my maps so much that I thought I'd share them with everyone on the interwebs and see if anyone would want me to make custom maps/ships. We all play on my TV as a table and all my maps are designed to fit the TV perfectly with one inch squares. But I can make maps in all sizes. They take a few hours and I make a few a week depending on story progression.

My monitor is only 32' at 720p so the quality is limited. They're [1350x750 or 27x15] so each square is 50 pixels. My monitor is 1360x768 so there is some black border. They're smaller maps then the print outs but I don't have to spend 50 bucks or so for a print out at a print shop.

Here is what our Tuesday game night looks like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4ve5aGO.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	504.0 KB 
ID:	61443

Here is a more recent town map.

Name:	ZkijP53.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	731.7 KB 
ID:	61444

And here is one of my older ones.

Name:	yscOOKl.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	651.3 KB 
ID:	61446

Tell me what you guys think and if you would pay for custom maps of this quality.

Howdy and welcome. I think the answer here is "Pay? Why no I'd make them myself."

Welcome to the Guild Cuddles. The Guild offers space for individuals to showcase their finished work (e.g. the Finished Maps thread). We also have a section for individuals seeking map commissions. If you are interested in taking on commissions my recommendation would be to begin posting regularly so that people become familiar with your work and also check the Map Requests section frequently. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the advice and greetings. =]

Welcome to the Guild. There are a lot more Fantasy maps available than Sci-Fi maps, so this genre may be easier to get into.

Hi! How do you deal with exploration? Do you have a software running to simulate fog of war or are your maps already completely visible to players?
    We share the same tablecloth (Yes, that's important!!!).
    Cheers!