Thread: Drakis - Land of Monsters

Default Drakis - Land of Monsters

Non-commercial commissioned map for friend. Done in Photoshop.

Mountain brushes are Vorropahaiah's all credit and thanks goes to him for those.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drakis.jpg 
Views:	2337 
Size:	673.3 KB 
ID:	61479  
    Last edited by Ironreich; 02-16-2014 at 06:08 PM.

I like the way you have the compass radiations above the water but beneath the land. Nice effect.

The colors are great, mountains beautiful.

Lovely work! Kudos.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

very nice map!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks nice Ironreich, I can see some inspiration you got on it. Anyway, when you use someone's else brushes, you should credit the artist who makes them (especially since you post on CG and the artist is a guilder)

A very nice map indeed, great job! Although, the mountains and cliffs makes me curious, aren't those the mountains Vorropahaiah use? At least they carry a striking resemblance. I don't know if it is, or even if Vorropahiah designed them to begin with, perhaps they even are for public use. However, if I ever succeed in designing mountains like those, I would harshly put never, ever share them (mountains like those, to my taste, can carry a map,), and I would feel very conflicted in anyone used them without my consent, especially for commercial purposes.

edit: Seems like Max wrote faster

That was one thing I forgot to post, the mountain brushes are Vorropahaiah's, so all credit goes to him for those. He had posted them in his Korachan thread and stated that they were ok use. Also this wasn't a money commission, just a map I did for a friend for his roleplaying session otherwise I would've gotten Vorro's permission to use em if it had been.
    Last edited by Ironreich; 02-16-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

As long as its not a commercial piece and imgiven credit, that's fine.

Nice map and names too

Guild Adept

I will also throw in that I really like the forests for this map, they work quite well with the overall vision. A damned fine session piece.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

A very nice map. I also like the forests, well done. The mountains also match very well with the overall style. Have some Rep.! Edit: apparently, i can't rep you atm. Have a Like instead.

And just because it needs to be said: i think it is great that some of our talented cartographers are such generous people. Their work is inspiring and it is very nice to be able to use some of their stuff. I do think, though, that it should be clear that one always asks first, and giving credit is mandatory. Aehem...anyway....carry on
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars