Thread: Hello!

Post Hello!

Hi!

I'm Silver, and I am very new to mapping. I wear many hats - I've been a larper, console gamer, and a lover of tabletop games but I have recently added a new hat - Dungeon Master! I dropped my PCs into an entire world of my own creation and subsequently found myself doing something I've never done - making lots and lots of maps. I sought help from google (naturally) and came upon this awesome site. I started out hand-drawing my maps a few weeks ago, but quickly moved over to GIMP after realizing I'd taken on way too big of a task for being a complete beginner.

I have a wispy type of background in art - I went to a fine arts high school and majored in sculpture but now I work in the tech field. I still draw and sculpt from time to time and have dabbled very sparingly with programs like gimp to finish up drawings. I'm working on a few maps (my main campaign world, major capital city, the city's palace, and the city's temple) right now, and hope to post to the appropriate WIP threads soon. I hope to learn everything I can from being a member here and I'm very excited to learn this new skill!

Welcome to the Guild silverbonds! You've come to the right place to refine those cartographic skills. There are GIMP tutorials aplenty here. Feel free to start a WIP thread to show off any of your current projects. This is a good way to receive constructive feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

This might be an off-sounding question - but I (tried) to start a WIP thread over in regional/world mapping and it gave me a notice that it had to be approved before posting - is there a way to see your own posts that haven't been approved? I started it Sunday night if the time reference means anything.

***Edit***
    Right after posting this I figured out how to tell how many posts I have and are visible... but this wasn't approved so I couldn't edit it to say I figured it out!
    Last edited by silverbonds; 03-01-2014 at 01:24 AM.