Thread: Hello everyone!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Hello everyone!

Hello,

My name is Jaap and I am a composer and sound designer from the Netherlands. I am a long time fan of fantasy and I have always had an interest in old maps and dreaming away with them. Everywhere I go on holliday I pick up some nice posters of old local maps.
    I am planning to start making some maps as a nice hobby and I browsed around here a bit and I am really impressed by everything that is created.

Well that's about it Time to start digging those tutorials!

Jaap

Welcome to the Guild! What kind of music do you compose? I know that a lot of people including me listen to soundtracks and music like that while making maps.

Thanks for the welcome

I compose mainly soundtrack like music since I have been producing the music and sound design for a lot of games with my company. I am a classically trained composer and my "free" works is still pure classical (like Mahler for example)
    https://soundcloud.com/scubbamusic - here is some of my recent work and stock music collected.

I am actually quite inspired by maps to write music. They trigger my fantasy and they can get me a on a composing spree haha.
    I am working a sort of hobby project to write a short fantasy story and together with some nice maps, combined with some nice drawing I want to make a sort of hobby audio book for myself with also music etc, but this is just still in the brainstorming fase.

Welcome to the Guild Jaap!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you guys. I thought I posted a reply here before, but maybe I forgot to hit the reply button

@Domino - I am a classically trained composer, but the last 5 years I work more commercially and I compose mostly for video games and the last year mainly production music. It is still quite classical in setup