Thread: WIP - Northern Reaches

Wip WIP - Northern Reaches

I've been having a hard time getting started with my main project. I decided I'd start close up and add to it as I go. This region is located in the northern most lands of ice. The local people claim the north was created when the Great White Wyrm lay down to die. Supposedly its resting place still exists somewhere further north, though no mortal could ever survive that far.

In this particular region, there is a town nestled along the frozen lake. I'm still figuring out the details. I want to do some more work on this map before I expand.

Please send me helpful critics if you got them! Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northern Reaches.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	61595

Liking it so far. I really like how you've drawn and coloured the ice. I'm guessing that thing at the top right corner is the lake then??? Perhaps you could soften the lines around it as they seem a bit jagged compared to your other lines, which look soft. That's really the only criticism I can think of

Blog Entries

I have to disagree... I like the thinner lines around the lake... it looks like the water is partly frozen into ice (which is hard) and the land is covered in snow (which is soft) so it works for me.

Eager to see what you do with it
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Actually, when you put it like that, then that's a good effect......