Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acania and The Murtail Coast

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

I've tried using my tablet and phablet for maps using the phototshop app, but struggle without a stylus

Guild Member Facebook Connected The_Buce's Avatar
    Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Yeah - it is difficult without. You can buy generic ones quite cheaply if you want to - otherwise you can go high-end and get some really nice stylus(es? i? 's? Plural aid, please!) that work as though you weer using a wacom tablet. In fact, that Note styluses (we're going with 'es') were developed by Wacom so they're really good.

I'd recommend Autodesk software for phablets over Photoshop; the apps Adobe is churning out now is way too focused on photomanip for the Instagrammers, etc. so it's pretty useless for art (in my opinion).

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

couldnt agree more on the focus on photo manipulation - lots of recolouring, cropping etc, and not enough stuff like pen tools etc. ill have to try the autodesk app again. had DLed a free version a while ago though never got round to using it again.

and i'd go with styluses

Guild Member Facebook Connected The_Buce's Avatar
    Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Go for it! Sketchbook is really quite powerful and has pressure support for styluses, too (styluses it is!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12