Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worldbuilding - proposed Stack Exchange site

Guild Apprentice

Default Worldbuilding - proposed Stack Exchange site

There is a proposal for a Worldbuilding Q&A site over at Stack Exchange. It is currently in a preliminary phase where it is decided if this should be implemented or not.
    I guess it could be of interest to at least some of you.

To be accepted it needs 47 more followers and 40 more example questions, each with a score of 10 or more (as of this moment). I'm sure they'll be glad for any and all example questions and votes they can get.
    The proposal is open a year, to january, I guess. I think it can be a nice supplement to the world building communities, and the cartographer communities.

Worldbuilding - Area 51 - Stack Exchange

Blog Entries

As cool as this would be, it doesn't appear to be pulling in much interest. Anyone who thinks this would be useful, go post some questions, and vote for any that look interesting. If you're not already familiar with Stack Exchange, you should check it out just for the incredible resource it already is even without this worldbuilding proposal. I get a lot of use out of the Stack Overflow (Mostly programming), Mathematics, English Language and Usage, and GIS Stack Exchanges.

This is a great idea. I'm honestly surprised it didn't already exist somewhere within the bowels of stackexchange. I followed and voted on a few things. I'll add more questions as I think of them.

Blog Entries

Worldbuilding Stack Exchange has passed the Definition phase and is now in the Commitment phase. It needs 200 users to commit to using it (asking or answering questions) during the beta period. It also needs 100 of those users to have a reputation of 200 or more on another Stack Exchange site.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

well i committed, as it sounds like a great idea though i've never used stack exchange before (never even know about it until now) so i cant help with getting 100 people with reputation

Blog Entries

Worldbuilding Stack Exchange has passed the commitment phase and is now waiting for a private beta. You can still commit if you want to take part in the beta, and the more people who do, the more likely it is to succeed since it's largely a matter of how many questions are asked and answered. "Dumb questions" are good as long as they are good "dumb questions" so newbies are welcome. On the other hand, you can also post questions with your own answers.

Last edited by Hai-Etlik; 09-10-2014 at 02:36 AM.

I don't understate how I can participate. It says : This proposal is now in the Commitment phase — example questions are locked!

Blog Entries

You can Commit in which case you'll be added to the private beta. When the beta starts all the questions we built up during earlier phases become open for answering and new questions can be added.

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    You can Commit in which case you'll be added to the private beta. When the beta starts all the questions we built up during earlier phases become open for answering and new questions can be added.
    I am absolutely interested, but StackE won't allow more commitments because it's in Beta. I've posted some answers and such -- does that count?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast