Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Empire of Aversten

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Well, it seems that while I was reading your WIP, you just went ahead and finished it before I could chip in!

It's very, very nice, especially for a first map! Congrats for finishing it (since I find that the hardest part myself)!

Thank you to all the comments so far!! ^___^

Quote Originally Posted by flocko View Post
    I'll look forward to the next one. Aquis Larivar perhaps?
    Yup, I plan on doing a map for that next. Now, I just need to figure out how to lay it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Llannagh View Post
    Well, it seems that while I was reading your WIP, you just went ahead and finished it before I could chip in!
    I decided to finish it now because I was beginning to get lazy with it. I'd have probably abandoned it if I chose to add more on it >___<

Wow, nice map. A very own style. Reminds me of some of the maps you have in some console RPGs.
    I think you could work a bit on the river-outflows into the oceans...there is a clear color "clash" where one can see the river overlapping the ocean.

Have some Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Just awesome! And some very good ideas in your story too

I'm just waiting for the other 2 maps now!

The one comment I'd add is that it could have been rotated slightly clockwise to eliminate a bit of the empty space in the top left and bottom right corners, since they contrast quite a lot with the lush detail in the rest of the map, and tend to draw my eye to them. Not sure whether that would have really been possible though, considering that it would have made the perspective slightly off (mountains in particular).

Anyway, beautiful map and love the style, more of the same please!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Mindblowing first map! The rivers look a little flat to me, they'd fit in better if they had a slight shading or a thin contour. That's all I have! Everything is beautiful. I love the bold contrast in the color scheme.

I love this map! If it's not too late, though, I do have one suggestion: make the text easier to read. I'm curious about your names and locations and such, but I keep squinting to make out some of the smaller text. It needs a bit of contrast from the background.

Quote Originally Posted by codechino View Post
    I love this map! If it's not too late, though, I do have one suggestion: make the text easier to read. I'm curious about your names and locations and such, but I keep squinting to make out some of the smaller text. It needs a bit of contrast from the background.
    Thank you! Legibility is something I'll have to keep in mind for my future maps, especially if I plan to make them as colourful as this...

Sure the legibility could be improved by making the map bigger. I mean the size is 2 400px × 1 430px and it could be be doubled.

Overall it's a great map. Let's see my rep power...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12