Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anator again

Thanks everyone! I will definitely have that border reduced in the next update.

Llannagh, I was actually planning on drawing the shadow lines from the beginning (I knew you'd be disappointed ). The ones on the map actually do have slight variations in width but I kept the minimum diameter to 50%-75%. I did experiment with emphasizing that variation but it wasn't doing it for me. It gives the mountains a different flavor than what I'm looking for in this map.

The style is based on elements I found in The History of Cartography.

As for the trees, I know I could use the clone stamp or some kind of pattern brush but In my experience it ends up looking too uniform. Based on the forest I already redrew, weaving things around existing trees will leave a lot of small artifacts. With the tree density I'm using and the number of elements among the trees, I expect there would be a lot of tedious editing after the tree placement.

I plan to do most everything by hand except the stroke effect on the rivers, roads and coast (no need to draw them 3 times). And I'll be cloning most of the town icons. So this will be a practice in persistence. I blame Coyotemax's signature.

Reduced the coastal border, did another forest, and drew an icon for Rivermeet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anator Current-006a.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	62211

Name:	Anator Current-006b.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	62212
    Do the lines show up on the thumbnails because my images are too large? Should I stick to smaller WIP shots?

Wip

Still chugging along on this one. I still need to finalize a few town positions, roads and rivers. So I'll be doing that before I go back to drawing more trees. I also think I'll make a 'clean' version without all of the details so it'll be easier for my players to mark.

Name:	Anator Current-008c.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	63142

Map

I'm still committed to drawing all of those trees. However, I needed a simpler (and faster) version for practical reasons. Here's that version.

Name:	Anator Player Map s.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	64282

The dotted line is the path my players have explored. It starts just above the R in Low Shore (Red) in the town of Blue Hill. And they are currently in Splitwood in Northern Anabor (Purple).

Each color denotes a duchy. The divisions within the duchy are the counties. The county town is outlined with the duchy's color (though this gets a bit messed up for towns near the border). If the county has a double border the county town is also the capitol of the duchy. The only towns listed are the capitols of baronies.

Keep up the good work Flocko. I fancy your tree and mountain line work.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

By Flocko
    The dotted line is the path my players have explored. It starts just above the R in Low Shore (Red) in the town of Blue Hill. And they are currently in Splitwood in Northern Anabor (Purple).
    Fun idea! But sadly, it hides the cities, especially your very nice Rivermeet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12