Thread: Descending from a (not-very-)lofty tower of words to the labyrinth of cartography...

Default Descending from a (not-very-)lofty tower of words to the labyrinth of cartography...

By which I mean, it turns out it's easier to writer a story containing many locational shifts if one has a map... go figure.

I've doodled around, drawn some rough-and-awful maps on graph paper, even followed the lovely Not-So-Random Coastline tutorial to make some pretty, if purposeless, continents.

So when I needed to make a map, I thought, Aha! I'll wander back to the Cartographer's Guild, drag myself out of the dank corners of lurkdom, and try my hand at some honest-to-goodness mapmaking. If any collection of internet strangers would nudge me in the right direction when I wander astray with my terribly limited knowledge of coastlines and mountains and rivers (those go up, right? ), it would the denizens of that forum!

Long story short: plate tectonics confuse me, I'm too much of a completionist to do it more randomly, and all I've got to my name are some sketchbooks and a touch tablet, so I have no idea how this will work out, but I imagine there's no better place to try.

Hello all!

...found your masterpiece rvgriffiths, it got caught up in moderation because you are a new user posting a link. Should be visible to everyone now.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hurray, thanks!