Hello All,

I'm new here to the forum (I said Hi in the new members area).

My goal here is to create a board game set during the religious civil wars of 16th and 17th century Europe. My problem? I can't find good maps of Europe! I've tried to make my own but failed. So I joined here looking for help. Both from artistic talent and reference. My goal is to either find a good map of Europe for the game, or create one. Will you join me?

The map should (this is not a commission):

- Have a historic feel to it.
- Not contain modern political borders.
-- It should either be devoid of borders which I can fill in later.
-- or it can contain borders from the 16th or 17th century.
- Not contain text or graphics that can't be easily removed or altered.

- I'm really digging the artistic styles being used on overland maps here. What I'd really like to see is the same style applied to the European continent as far as geography is concerned.
- Clearly defined mountains.
- Clearly defined major lakes.
- Clearly defined major rivers.
- Other clearly defined geographic landmarks possibly relevant to Europe.
- A parchment looking border, like the outside edge of the map looks like it's made of medieval paper.
- The inside area of the map can have more color.
- However not so much color as to serve as a distraction to city, road, political borders, and textual graphics to be added later, and player controlled pieces.

So this is kind of an outline to exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know of already existing maps that fit this description for the most part? What's the best way to go about obtaining this map in your opinion? If I have to create the map, how should I go about getting started?

Thanks so much!
Micah