Thread: Mirrors: Finished Map (first map project)

Default Mirrors: Finished Map (first map project)

I just wanted to post this in here as I've finished my first map project, Mirrors: ExtraZoom High Definition image #9858. Zoom in or zoom out high resolution photo.

I've also started an RP blog about the world from the character's perspective here. allatwan.blogspot.ca

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yali-albums-mirrors-picture61991-mirrorsmapreduced3.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	61992
    Last edited by Yali; 03-04-2014 at 01:03 AM.

The edit function won't work, so the correct link is Allatwan

Beautiful work! The text is easier to read now and I like how even though it's colourful, it still retains that simplistic and clean image. Also really liking that RP blog you have going there. Those notes look so interesting. Makes me really intrigued as to what sort of fantasy world you've created!

Thanks! I'm really getting into this as well. I've had all these world and story ideas circulating in my head for over a decade now and I feel like I'm finally developing them properly.

Nice Map!!

You largely solved the problem concerning the legibility of the labels (some are still a bit hard to read, a question of placement). But a very fine map before all. I second Seredemia, your blog is very well done and appealing.

Nice work on this!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very attractive map! You hit a good balance with the palette - striking but not garish. The borders could stand a little differentiation from rivers. Bit of an odd choice, where 'Lune" and the 'Ursine Mountains' labels are upside down with respect to each other. I sympathize - vertically-oriented areas are tough to label rationally.

Definitely worth some rep, and even more so as your first effort : bravo!