Thread: February/March 2014 Lite Mapping Challenge: unnamed map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default February/March 2014 Lite Mapping Challenge: unnamed map

Howdy all. Allow me to add my name to the growing list of lite challenge entrants for the month. My map will depict a fantasy land populated by a number of places/people/features of old folk tales. It will be a hand-drawn map, possibly in a similar style to my Guildpark Zoo map (in the Feb 2014 challenge), although things might change as I get more ideas.

I was also thinking of trying to show the way that Puss in Boots has engineered all of the tales in my map to have their correct ending (eg. he told the woodcutter about the wolf impersonating Little Red Riding Hood’s grandmother; he told the princess she had to remain silent for years to save her brothers who had been turned into swans; he led the prince to Rapunzel’s tower; he urged Sinbad to go on another adventure, and so forth).

My initial sketch has been attached to this post (and unfortunately it isn't very dark/clear at this stage).

As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions, feedback and questions.

THW

PS: I’m drawing the map on A3 paper, but my scanner can only do A4 or smaller. I’m gonna try and stitch the two sides of the page together in photoshop but does anyone know of other options/techniques?

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folktale map 01A.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	61762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Folk tale map 01B.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	61763  
    Last edited by Wingshaw; 03-10-2014 at 05:49 PM.