Thread: WIP Kingdom of Nall

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default WIP Kingdom of Nall

Hi all!

This is my first map, it's still a work in progress, and I'm looking for some advice and critics. Anyway thanks for viewing and let me know what you think.

Attachment 61934

I'd check out some maps you like and try to emulate the way they do there symbols and representations of areas. There is some very so please but excellent techniques you can use to give any map a more polished look.

That's very good advice but I've already got my own symbolism and style, this map is just still in the stage of being a raw sketch and I'm not planning to add any symbols until the landscape itself is polished and finished (which it isn't). Thanks for your advice

Decided to follow a good piece of advice and here is a redraw of the map with a bit more style. (Still a WIP)

Attachment 61969

Hi again,
    After some more work I've redone the mountains, tried a new way to mark forested regions and took the time to include some of the towns.
    Attachment 61974

Looking fancier already. I like the inclusion of the shields, very nice touch. I can see you're making good use of some reference materials to make some nice improvements. Have you ever done any calligraphy? You can have a lot of fun with a cheap marker for only a couple of bucks and make some very fancy labels with a bit of practice.

Here's a better photo of the map, I'm clueless about what to add next, can anybody make some suggestions?
    Attachment 62014

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

The shields, do they represent cities? If not, you might wanna start adding those. And roads of course. And national borders, hill ridges, forests, swamps, a scale, a compass rose, ... Plenty of things to add to the map if you ask me!

Don't be afraid to ask questions, be it in English or Dutch (I'm a Belgian myself). In case of the latter, you best do it by PM so as not to confuse the forum with Dutch ramblejamble .
    Last edited by Caenwyr; 03-04-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Thanks for your advice Ceanwyr! I managed to finish the Brenn province, let me know what you think of the map so far
    Attachment 62024