Thread: WIP - Eforion Eteros

Wip WIP - Eforion Eteros

I'm creating a world from scratch and I started with this map. It represents the chartered part of my world and its shape is slightly based on Europe, North-Africa and the Middle East. The top part is called Eforion, the part with the deserts is called Eteros.

Since this is my first worldbuilding\cartographic project I would love to hear some criticism and tips. I hope I got the rivers right!
    I used Photoshop CS6.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_small.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	61784
    (The map exceeded the size limit so I had to crop it)

- Jobble
    Last edited by Jobble; 02-25-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Your mountain ranges are odd. Most real mountain ranges either run along a coast (well, actually the coast runs along the mountain range) (the Andes for example) or steer away from the coasts altogether (the Alps are a good example of that). Mountain ranges perpendicular to the coast are a very rare thing to happen in the real world. Take the Pyrenees for example: on first sight they seem to connect two coasts, but in reality they run along the northern edge of the Iberian peninsula. I can't think of any other mountain range in our world that starts perpendicular to one coastline, crosses the continent, and then ends perpendicular to another coastline.

I do like your continent shapes, however, and I'm also a big fan of you colour scheme. My compliments!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Oh I did not know that, I will get working on that! Thanks for the tip!
    And thank you for the compliment, that's really nice to hear.

I have worked on the mountains and moved them mostly to the coastlines, like Caenwyr said.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_v2_small.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	62010

That is looking much improved. I really like the sea floor on it with the exception of the very top where it looks a bit too much like brush strokes coming off of your northern continent.