Thread: Malmö after WW3

Default Malmö after WW3

When I grew up I used to play a Swedish RPG called Mutant. The game was about the world after WW3 where mutants, robots and ordinary humans struggled for survival. It was a great game.

Yesterday I received the new version of the game as a PDF, it is called Mutant year 0, and takes place closer to the catastrophe then the original game. The game and the maps in it inspired me to try to make a map of Malmö in Sweden after the war.

So I made this map yesterday as a test of a new style, I actually tried to copy the style of the maps in the game here. The maps is supposed to look like someone have drawn it while exploring the place.

It is all made in Photoshop using my Wacom Cintiq.

Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malmö-zon.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	1,018.0 KB 
ID:	61800  
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Cool map! Undoubtedly post-apo. It's too "artistic" to really be seen as "drawn on a paper bag", but the feeling is there anyway

PS : wasn't Mutant Chronicles a swedish game at start? A game I played as a player in the past.

Yes that is correct. Mutant Chronicles is part of the Mutant universe, but that was a much later version of the Mutant game, and is much more high-tech then the original (and latest) one was.
    My finished maps

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I love it! Fantastic colors, very post-apocalyptic. Some great place names too
    The grid and numbers/letters in the edge stands out as too digital, for me. It'd look more coherent if they where drawn in the same quick, sketchy style as the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    I love it! Fantastic colors, very post-apocalyptic. Some great place names too
    The grid and numbers/letters in the edge stands out as too digital, for me. It'd look more coherent if they where drawn in the same quick, sketchy style as the rest.
    Thanks Lingon, and as a Swedish speaker you should really check out the game
    My finished maps

Guild Member Facebook Connected The_Buce's Avatar
    Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom

I love this! The sketchy style is great - it really smacks of something that a survivor of a dystopian world would have put together. It's very cool (and quite Fallout )
    If at first you don't succeed; try, try again. If you still don't succeed; go to the tutorials section!

Albums
    Digital Maps
    Traditional Media Maps
    Works In Progress

I like your sketch style for the map and the colors and paper texture are great. The only thing is, the paper texture on the land seems a bit green. Otherwise great job!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the comments.
    @The_Buce - The Mutant world actually has quite a lot in common with the Fallout world
    @Arsheesh - Well the whole map is a bit green, it is supposed to look like it is a poisonous place to live
    My finished maps