Thread: Map Request (or Help)

Question Map Request (or Help)

Good afternoon,

I've recently decided that I'm going to be revamping my campaign world (D&D Fantasy). In this, I'd like to redo the map so as to relocate my default races (Elves, Half Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Halflings, and Half Orcs) to different areas.

I've been searching through various sources to find something with the right feel and look that I'd like to use - I've even made the purchase of Fractal Terrain 3, but I think I'm too much of a moron to understand how to use it.

Ideally, I'm looking to have a map that's about 6000x6000 (something I can print out on a Plotter-type printer) so as to hang it on the wall of my gaming room. The feel I'm looking for is something along the lines of the following:

Photo 5 of 12 from Neogei

Photo 19 of 20 from My Completed Maps

Photo 15 of 20 from My Completed Maps

(a huge thank-you in advance to the above map makers/artists for their source material in being able to cite what I'm looking for)

First, (and I think I know the answer to this already) is there a way to use my FT3 software to produce something like the above or would I need to invest in PhotoShop or the Adobe Suites?

Second, is this a doable expectation on my part?

Lastly, I'd be more than happy to entertain suggestions or pointing in the direction that I need to go to push life into my vision.

Thank you for your time in reading this - I'd be happy to work toward commissioning this (providing it wouldn't utterly break the bank).

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

I am interested in your request. Perhaps a email address to send you some work samples will be useful...

Please feel free to Inbox/message me and I'll provide you with a way to get in touch via e-mail.

Thank you!

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by aielwyn View Post
    Please feel free to Inbox/message me and I'll provide you with a way to get in touch via e-mail.

Thank you!
    You cannot receive PM until you have, at least, 5 post.

*shakes fist*

Please contact me at winterborne.ranger on Gmail