Thread: Infernal Dominion: Sañjīva

Wip Infernal Dominion: Sañjīva

So I haven't quite laid the finishing touches on my other map; Dai-Teikokshin, but I wanted to make a start on this map. It's based on an RPG I unsuccesfully tried to write (I gave up after a while, though there's ample setting stuff laying around on my hard-drive somewhere). Essentially, the game would've been set in Infernus; a kind of non-religion specific hell in a cosmology where souls are stuck in the wheel of reincarnation; sometimes, souls end up in Infernus instead of reincarnating normally, because their souls have become too impure or what have you. Because souls can not normally be created or destroyed, they are instead sent to undergo thousands or millions of years of torment in Infernus, which allows the soul to be if not recreated, then rearranged or reforged so they can reincarnate again. But some souls escape, and become permanent residents of Infernus alongside demons and what have you. There's some pretty deep background to it all, which I won't bore you with.

This map is of the Infernal Dominion of Sañjīva; first of the so called Eight Hot Hells. Here, much of the ground is made of molten iron, and souls are continuously attacked by flying demons and other horrible creatures. It has a number of cities and fortifications for its demon overlords, and some where free souls are allowed to live in (relative) peace as well.

As you can see, it's still very early; mostly I just wanted to experiment with the general look before fully mapping out the coastlines and other features.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infernustest.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	735.3 KB 
ID:	61938

Fleshed out the rest of the coastline a bit more (still lacking in details); and determined where the general main mountain ranges should be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infernustest2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	818.4 KB 
ID:	61940