Thread: Rolelle's Palace

Map Rolelle's Palace

This is a map I have been working on for the past few days (or has it been a week already??? O-o). I had to make a bunch of my own mapping elements for it alongside borrowing a bunch from heaps of other very talented content providers from Dundjiini and elsewhere. Most of the elements were acquired from a collection of various top-down resources called the CSUAC. I am uncertain if that is still available, but I'm afraid I honestly don't know who made what in terms of all the images and resources here.

In any case, I figured that others on here may wish to use this map or might just be the type who like to look at maps and talk about them. So I decided to share it here and maybe start-up a conversation or something. Regardless, I hope you enjoy this map!

Title: Rolelle's Palace
    Software: MapTool b91, Photoshop CS5
    Time: ~1 week
    Image Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6s...9;s_Palace.zip
    Maptool File Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m3...ol_File%29.zip
    Description: The lair of a particularly affluent succubus named Rolelle.
    Preview:
    Last edited by Altrunchen; 03-05-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Would anyone like to maybe talk about this map?

I'd certainly like some feedback and/or a critique if possible. :3

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Hey Altruchen,
    it looks like a "funny" setting for a rpg . Now your recent contribution of the "poles" makes more sense to me I like the lots of details and the overall layout (im not too experienced with battlemaps, but it always gives me some "NES/SNES-nostlgia" if i see these kind of maps ^^).
    Two little remarks:
    - The columns where the red statues? (first i thought the central one is "Rolelle" herself...) are standing on,seem a bit too bright in the overall colour palette. It looks as if they're standing on plates or something
    - The "glowing rings" around the fire pits are dropping shadows in the inner circle. That looks a bit counter-intuitive...
    Hope the comments are helpful!
    Cheers
    AbuLafia

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Altruchen,
    it looks like a "funny" setting for a rpg . Now your recent contribution of the "poles" makes more sense to me I like the lots of details and the overall layout (im not too experienced with battlemaps, but it always gives me some "NES/SNES-nostlgia" if i see these kind of maps ^^).
    Two little remarks:
    - The columns where the red statues? (first i thought the central one is "Rolelle" herself...) are standing on,seem a bit too bright in the overall colour palette. It looks as if they're standing on plates or something
    - The "glowing rings" around the fire pits are dropping shadows in the inner circle. That looks a bit counter-intuitive...
    Hope the comments are helpful!
    Cheers
    AbuLafia
    I admit that the pedestals for the statues are a bit bright indeed and yeah, it does clash with the color palette for sure. If only there was an easy way to make statues out of tokens or something lol.

And I think that the design of those braziers (not firepits actually) has that element built into it, I just palette swapped it to be red. Though, now that you mention it, it doesn't make sense at all really...you may have a point there...unless there is a particular look that it is capturing that is just not common knowledge.

In any case, thank you for the pointers!