Thread: Good to be here

Guild Applicant

Default Good to be here

Hello All,

Played D&D when I was young, recently got my son into it. Now I DM for a home group as well as the Encounters sessions at the local Games Shop. Always loved writing adventures and creating hand drawn maps. Thanks to my children, I've stepped into the computer age and am blown away by the detail and quality of the maps presented on this site. I got a Mac, so I'm still shopping for a decent map making program. For now, really enjoying views in the gallery and reading the different threads. Have a great day.

Kevin

Welcome to the guild. There are plenty of software options and tutorials for many of them here so I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Welcome to the Guild Kevin! As madcowchef mentioned there are lots of great options out there. Photoshop CS is an industry standard fro many forms of art (including map making), but it doesn't come cheap. GIMP is a very nice alternative to Photoshop. It can do most of the things Photoshop can do and it is free to download. These are probably the two most frequently used programs here at the Guild. Some also really like CC3, but I've never used it and cannot comment on it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer

Welcome to the Guild:
    This is an outstanding place to learn about and gain skill in creating maps and how they can be used.

Tracker