Thread: No Site With A Better Name

Default No Site With A Better Name

And I mean it.

My name is Jackson, but I prefer to be called Phaneron. I am asexual and male, but I just identify as gender neutral. I am an amateur cartographer, and plan on possibly doing it to support myself later in life. I have been making maps since I was about six years old, and have always been interested in worldbuilding, conworlding, and conlanging. Right now I'm working on my first conlang and just kind of making maps as they come to me. Mainly I am a writer, and plan on incorporating my maps into my work in the future.

I have been browsing this community for a few months now, but I never found the time to join. I finally made my account, and I'm ready to join the ranks of the Cartographers' Guild. I can literally not think of a cooler thing to be a part of.

I welcome any comments (though, going on this, nobody probably has any). I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to my future here.

Welcome to the Guild Phaneron. When you have a chance, post some of your maps!

It's true, there is not site with a better name if I may say so myself!
    It invokes a sense of wonder, and a guild is just a downright cool name - with those two things past, welcome to the guild!

Welcome to the Guild Jackson! Look forward to seeing some of your work!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer

Welcome to the Guild.
    I live in the Washington DC area and recently (a few years ago) discovered that several people I know make a living creating maps for the U.S. government and the weather channel. Hence a good map maker will always find a good job.

Tracker

Right now I'm just working on a map I drew by hand and scanned in afterwards. It's a walled-in town with a few farms outside of it.