28 50.91%
  • The mapiest place in the galaxy! - by Azelor

18 32.73%
  • The Guild Empire -by Diamond

30 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Challenge Voting - Map the Guild

I voted on atmosphere. The maps that said to me "This is the place you go to see some maps and their mappers."

The Guild's Tower: When told to map the guild, a guild tower is kind of the obvious route. But I don't think that's a bad thing. Max's tower is a place I'd want to explore and visit the same way I explore the forum. It feels the most like how I see this place in my mind. Besides that it's just beautifully rendered.

Guildpark Zoo: This one looked like the kind of place I'd like to walk around and see the various cartographers in their natural habitats. And I love drawings of little buildings.

I'd rep you if the system would let me.

Side note: I've had
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."
    as kind of a motto ingrained in my head for a long time. Coyotemax, did you say that?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flocko View Post
    Side note: I've had as kind of a motto ingrained in my head for a long time. Coyotemax, did you say that?
    Yeah that was me. Though to be completely accurate that quote is a paraphrase of a comment I'd made during a discussion on making things looking more hand drawn ... I can't even accurately quote myself lol

But the spirit is there, and it's more a summary of the discussion than a quote.

And yeah I still see it as an inspiration, thought I've been uninspired as of late. Gonna see if I can change that though. Part of me wishes I'd been in this challenge, my ideas are halfway between the tower and the zoo - I see more of a sprawling monastery/university setting myself. Ah well

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I wish I could of joined in as well, but by the time I finally got around to thinking and found inspiration, along with garnering time available, it was already the 28th, nigh the end of the month.

A lot of nice entries! And my name features in three of those maps (eventhough in two of them, the name is spelled wrong ). It was hard to decide who to give the vote...so i just gave it to more than one entry

It will be interesting to see who wins this.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'm pulling for a three-way tie.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

That would be full of awesomeness!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The vote is now closed, and finally ended in a two way tie. Congrats to Diamond for his well deserved 4th Golden compass and to everyone for all the amazing entries this month!

Diamond, you'll receive your shiny award shortly (once I'll figure how to give it properly )

As a personnal note, thanks for all the votes, support and rep, all you guys!

That was a really close one. I am very honestly surprised, considering I put together my entire entry (the main bulk of it anyway) in less than 24 hours.

Thanks so much for the votes, guys! And congrats to Max, and great job to everyone that entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That was a really close one. I am very honestly surprised, considering I put together my entire entry (the main bulk of it anyway) in less than 24 hours.

Thanks so much for the votes, guys! And congrats to Max, and great job to everyone that entered.
    Yes but you seem to have a record for doing exceptional work in the eleventh hour. Congrats to you and Max both.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Too bad the display seems to cut off at seven awards, you can't see my other silver...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast