Thread: WIP - Kul Sephyrn - D&D country map

Guild Novice

Default WIP - Kul Sephyrn - D&D country map

Hey guys,

So after I gave a copy of my last map to my D&D players, they decided that they were most interested in the country of Kul Sephyrn, to the southeast of that map. So, over the next few days I'm working on powering out another map in (sort of) the same style, closer up of the region they chose ^^ For this one I really wanted to do more of a WIP thread so I could get some feedback on the map - it's gotta be done (preferably) by Thursday night so IT'S MAP TIME, tell me what you think! I've been working a lot off of inspiration from Max's beautiful map of Selvarin, in particular the trees and mountains that I've done so far were done based on mini-tuts and screenshots he posted in the WIP thread, so all glory to him since he's one of my new favourite people =)

I'm going to end up re-placing some of the trees in the forest that's done so far to accomodate a few features that I had planned for that part of the map - I got really excited about the trees tutorial that I found and I wanted to try it out really badly but I think I should've waited until I had my rivers and some other features done first lol =P so tree placement/density is very subject to change at this point. It looks ultra crowded and boring in that corner right now which will be better.

Anyways, here it is!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kul Sephyrn.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	61994

Guild Novice

So first update - added in many of the special features that I wanted to have, as well as rearranging some of my mountains and totally replacing all of the trees thus far. I'm currently working on finishing up my forest, then we'll be talking about cities and borders and roads and things ^^

### latest WIP ###

Views:	65 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	62054

Guild Novice

Well, that wasn't the latest for too long... and it looks much fuller now =) Cities and roads and things, as promised, as well as the beginnings of some naming and redoing of the cliffs that I really didn't like anyways.

### latest WIP ###

Views:	77 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	62070