Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vardenia & Urenia

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Septentia makes me want to play Carcassonne… Anyone? Shall I make some tea?

It is fantastic, really. But still, I can't help but feel that the city sort of overshadows the rest… Colorwise and shapewise the whole map is wonderfully composed, but awesomewise, it's top-right heavy

Yup, that's my only complaint about this one. The city map is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    The city map is too good.
    Agreed. I keep coming back and staring at it like

these are fantastic!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much for your comments guys, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    Beautiful map. The city is my favourite part. Out of interest, where is Urenia in relation to Vardenia?

THW
    Urenia is a colony of vardenia located south west on another continent across the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Btw, i wish you'd evolve such a style one of these times instead of just copying it. Maybe as a next personal-project?
    Don't you think that trying to emulate with digital work the traditionnal hand-made work of some great geographers that lived five centuries ago isn't some kind of an evolution? :p Anyway I fear that my next project won't please you more than this one

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Septentia makes me want to play Carcassonne… Anyone? Shall I make some tea?

It is fantastic, really. But still, I can't help but feel that the city sort of overshadows the rest… Colorwise and shapewise the whole map is wonderfully composed, but awesomewise, it's top-right heavy

Yup, that's my only complaint about this one. The city map is too good.
    Carcassonne? I would definitely (though it's been a while I haven't play to this game) Well I guess your complaint isn't really a bad one

Utterly astounded at your work! I am gamemaster of a small group, and I stumbled upon Cartographer's Guild while looking for a tutorial on mapmaking and saw your work. Words fail me. Demoralized and amazed at the same time!

I suppose it would be naive to ask for any advice regarding tutorials to fledgeling mapmakers?
    Are the names/heraldry, etc. mostly of your own invention?

If you would email me a commission pricing guide I would be grateful. I don't have pm privileges yet, apparently. And if I knew what rep-ing was I would gladly do it (provided it's a good thing)!
    tripleoh@mac.com
    Last edited by tripleoh; 03-06-2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: clarity

Intentional misspellings and bad kerning. You have a wonderful attention to detail. This map is just beautiful!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Really excellent work AGAIN, Max. Can't rep you yet, but have a five-star rating and a like instead. And you know I'm coming to eat your brain one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoh View Post
    Utterly astounded at your work! I am gamemaster of a small group, and I stumbled upon Cartographer's Guild while looking for a tutorial on mapmaking and saw your work. Words fail me. Demoralized and amazed at the same time!
    I suppose it would be naive to ask for any advice regarding tutorials to fledgeling mapmakers?
    Are the names/heraldry, etc. mostly of your own invention?
    If you would email me a commission pricing guide I would be grateful. I don't have pm privileges yet, apparently. And if I knew what rep-ing was I would gladly do it (provided it's a good thing)!
    tripleoh@mac.com
    Check out the tutorials section here at the Guild, you might find some useful stuff Names are my ow invention. I drawn the heraldry but did it after a real blazon. I'll email you

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Really excellent work AGAIN, Max. Can't rep you yet, but have a five-star rating and a like instead. And you know I'm coming to eat your brain one of these days...
    You damn zombmapper

Great map Max, apparently I missed this one last week! The City portion is amazing.

Thanks much Bogie. Funny that everyone seems to dig the city map since at the start it was more a secondary side map in my mind, hence I went with a small one. Finally it tuned out better than I thought

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast