Thread: Fantasy Novel World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Fantasy Novel World

Hello.

I can be contacted via PM or via gmail: silvestine01 -at- gmail.com

I am constantly at awe in what I see on this site and wish I had even one ounce of the artistic skills of the people I see on here. I have tried many times at creating my own map(s) and quite spectacularly fail each time. Even when following some of the Tutorials I've found on here. So now I am reaching out.

First - the world that exists in my head has existed for a very long time and has been reshaped many times. I have roughly drawn out its general shape and, ahem, biomes and borders but it looks like something a 6-year-old fingerpainted.

The following are links to the styles that I am looking at.

This first link would probably be my ideal map.

Image 1

These next two links are also quite nice as well. Perhaps a combination of the three? It doesn't have to be grossly detailed down to individual trees, but it does have to indicate where forests are.

Image 2

Image 3

The sketch I have also contains rough borders, but I would allow the Cartographer a lot of freedom in regards to the land mass and features (which historically and frequently dictate the borders of a region).

The Northern Reaches would be Arctic while the Southern Reaches would be Desert and Jungle. There would also be a Terra Incognita landmass to the West (no borders, few features) as it has not been discovered yet. Possible commission in the future would be to flesh out that Western Landmass.

As for size, I am thinking some sort of dimension that would fit 2:3...I work at a print shop and would ideally like to be able to print out the map and post it on my wall for easy reference.

For further details and discussion, so above methods of contact.

Not all that familiar with pricing for a work like this, but am thinking ~$150 though highly up to discussion. Preferred payment method would also be through PayPal.

This is now taken.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Silvestine, I marked it as taken and moved it into the archive.