Thread: British Vs Pirates Table Top ocean map needed

Default British Vs Pirates Table Top ocean map needed

Hello cartographers!

Yes this is a paid gig.

My name is Cannonball and I am in need of a cartographer to finish my ocean map for a table top miniature ship combat game geared around the golden age of piracy (1700). I have enlisted a wonderful art company to do the artwork for the game cards, tokens, box art and so on. However our map artist has proven to be difficult to get a hold of and thus unreliable. So I am taking it upon my self to search for an artist to complete the map and illustrate the islands and other entities. Or if the cartographer/artist wishes to simply start from scratch that is an option as well.
    Game info:
    Hexagon map, ship combat game using 3D printed ship figures that will navigate the map, dock on the islands, and send ships to the crushing depths.

If you've read this far, thank you. Here is the meat and potatoes of what I am looking for:
    The islands will include British forts, Pirate strong holds, mountains, coves, shallow waters, even wreck ships washed ashore. The theme is the golden age of piracy so Caribbean islands, expect a lot of lush tropical islands with swaying palms, white sandy beaches etc... The map is not to scale and it will have a dash of cartoon feel so don't worry about buildings, docks and forts being 100% accurate. However keep in mind it is a game for ages 12+ and my target audience is late teens to grandpa age.

Attached is a example labled EXAMPLE of the style of art I am looking for to depict the islands I like the 3D or birds eye view of instead of the top down view. How ever I am open to other styles. Additionally I attached game art for the cards to give a sense of quality I am looking for.

I will reiterate this IS paid work I highly encourage those who inquire contact me via, the British Vs Pirates facebook page https://www.facebook.com/british.pirates or email: exocrategames@gmail.com

I appreciate your time and looking forward to hearing from this great community! Thank you.

-Cannonball
    British Vs Pirates
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hhtrh.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	655.9 KB 
ID:	62090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BVP background2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	62091  
    Last edited by RobA; 03-10-2014 at 11:45 PM.