Thread: My world's cosmology

Wip My world's cosmology

I've been wanting to make a nice map of my DnD cosmology for a bit. It took a while for me to figure out how to arrange all of them in a line. In my world there is a tower that runs through all of the planes (not shown yet)... And now that I'm looking at my WIP I'm considering if I still need to move things around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cosmology.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	62094

Wip

Ok! I did a little bit of rearranging, added the tower, and added the moon. I think this works how I want it.

Name:	Cosmology001.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	62100

I really, really like this. The design really interests me, and it looks awesome, in my opinion.

Reminds me of a poster from the 70s in the best possible way. Wonderful clean representation very pleasing to the eye, and the idea behind it sounds great. Are there going to be labels in the future?

By Madcowchef
    Wonderful clean representation very pleasing to the eye, and the idea behind it sounds great. Are there going to be labels in the future?
    Yep, I like it, but it does feel too conceptual without labels/indications.

Really like this, feels like it should start moving around and rotating.

Makes me think of Wonderputt in that respect

Thanks everyone! Don't worry. There will be labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptori View Post
    Really like this, feels like it should start moving around and rotating.

Makes me think of Wonderputt in that respect
    I'm really glad you said that because they are supposed to rotate. All of the circles outside of the central ones are supposed to be astronomical objects. This arrangement is the ideal. It shows the path the tower takes as well as places the heavens on top and the hells on the bottom, but the astronomical arrangement can differ. I may have some side diagrams showing other arrangements and how eclipses work, though I haven't decided on a layout yet.

I still don't quite get the wonderputt connection... but thanks for the link! I'm on hole 12.

Wip

There's a lot I plan to do for the final layout, but I like this intermediary step. I think it'd make a decent poster as is.

Name:	Cosmology002.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	781.5 KB 
ID:	62130

Quote Originally Posted by flocko View Post
    I'm really glad you said that because they are supposed to rotate. All of the circles outside of the central ones are supposed to be astronomical objects. This arrangement is the ideal. It shows the path the tower takes as well as places the heavens on top and the hells on the bottom, but the astronomical arrangement can differ. I may have some side diagrams showing other arrangements and how eclipses work, though I haven't decided on a layout yet.

I still don't quite get the wonderputt connection... but thanks for the link! I'm on hole 12.
    Haha awesome! Any chances of animating it? Photoshop animations can be surprisingly easy, and animating using html and css is a breeze if you know any of it. I think that'd really bring this to life

Lol no probs, it's an awesome game. I meant in terms of having really clean and smooth animations that all link together to make it feel really rich.