Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mapping Software Recommednation

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    and Inkscape is the free version of Illustrator.

What do you mean by hand crafting them ?
    Please don't refer to Inkscape as a "version of Illustrator". They do approximately the same thing (editing vector graphics) but are developed independently. Illustrator CS6 is a version of Illustrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    Please don't refer to Inkscape as a "version of Illustrator". They do approximately the same thing (editing vector graphics) but are developed independently. Illustrator CS6 is a version of Illustrator.
    Especially considering Illustrator has a lot more tools and features than Inkscape. And the same could be said between Photoshop and GIMP (like for my uses, GIMP cannot make bevels at all, yet Illustrator and Photoshop can... and I always have bevels in my maps.)
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    Sorry, slight difference

Blog Entries

Sorry, slight difference
    BIG difference. It's like calling Ubuntu a version of Windows just because they are both operating systems.

Yea I made a mistake and I think everybody got it by now.

Blog Entries

Yea I made a mistake and I think everybody got it by now.
    Ah sorry, I didn't get that you meant that as intentional understatement. I read it as literally saying the difference was slight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Especially considering Illustrator has a lot more tools and features than Inkscape. And the same could be said between Photoshop and GIMP (like for my uses, GIMP cannot make bevels at all, yet Illustrator and Photoshop can... and I always have bevels in my maps.)
    The layer effects plugin handles bevels for Gimp. Layer Effects | GIMP Plugin Registry It's still flakier than Photoshop's bevels (you have to rerender it when you change affected layers), but it's much better than nothing.

It and the felimage fractal noise plugin are the 2 main plugins I use for cartography stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12