Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CloudFangs First ATTEMPT!

@Meshon - Yo Meshon! thanks for the illustrator love! Ha... Where did the cities go!? thats a long story. at the end of the third age when... oh wait. Nah, actually im unsure how to handle them. Basically its part of what put me off the original map.. I live in Connecticut and well, basically the size of the continent vs the size of the cities was really bumming me out. That citadel would have been almost the size of the whole state i live in! Now i know there is gonna be a large bit of exaggeration and not real scale going on in a fantasy map but i just couldnt live with that level of off. If a city icon takes up an entire small country then you cant map in the rest. Also photoshop got very pixelated when i zoomed in with the scripting im working on. So i kind of scrapped the icons...

May or may not bring them back in the format they were in on the original map. I may just re-create them in vector at a much better scale or, what my plan is: is to have small icons that when selected or rolled over show you a town map, where there would be a nice illustration and then a top down street view map with locations. In other words the small points on my vector map would be selectable.

Let me know what you think? Also, any good vector icons/images you wanna trade? I just made a ton of mountains!? lol.

@ chick - What do you think about the redo? also is this a better way to handle photos?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 1.56.48 PM.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	364.8 KB 
ID:	71734

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 1.55.14 PM.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	71735

Something more like this????

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 4.49.49 PM.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	356.0 KB 
ID:	71739

Nice mountains!

thanks, should i add more?

heres my rough out for major forested areas: let me know if anything is terribly wrong or if i should re-work anything.. thanks as always!

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 7.47.39 AM.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	71787

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234