Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me what this Battlemap is.

Quote Originally Posted by flocko View Post
    Ah! Your revision makes more sense to me. However, may I suggest blurring/concealing/removing the border between the floor of the spiral and the outer floor? Unless of course there is no such place, or it's underneath the parts that are already show.
    I am hoping that this delineation will indicate that the spiral continues to curve around over that area above the point of view of the map.. oh and it also is supposed to evoke a feeling of a thin slippery layer of ice over the rest of the rougher ice floor.

@Corbad -- I agree that the line between the spiral bottom and the floor is too sharp. I'll work on that

Ok - I've tried to get some depth with a conical layer mask, although i wonder if it's too subtle. I blended the ramp-to-floor join, and also changed the blur on the ramp to be more gradual. I'm pretty happy with it, given how little time I spent on it in general.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FortressBase2.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	62149

Definitely an improvement. For a more polished look you could give a slight shadow or highlight to the edge of the stairs as right now they look like a crisp edged piece of paper spiraling upward, but your map already displays the information you are looking for so that might just be added fuss.
    Last edited by madcowchef; 03-08-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    Definitely an improvement. For a more polished look you could give a slight shadow or highlight to the edge of the stairs as right now they look like a crisp edged piece of paper spiraling upward, but your map already displays the information you are looking for so that might just be added fuss.
    Thanks. Heh, no time left for that -- I'm GMing today, so I'm off to put some tokens on the map

Thanks again for all the constructive guidance. This is always a great forum for that!

This definitely looks clearer. Good luck with your game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12