Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** March Challenge - Make a 1 Page Dungeon ***

Post *** March Challenge - Make a 1 Page Dungeon ***

Hello everyone. This month's challenge will dovetail with the 2014 One Page Dungeon Contest. For anyone not familiar with this contest, the basic idea is to create a fully mapped and keyed dungeon that fits onto one side of a letter or A4 sheet of paper (this may be done digitally). There are no genre requirements and no hard and fast rules about what counts as a dungeon (or how large it should be). You can however get a better feel for the concept by reading the history of the one page dungeon and by looking through entries from past years.

The nice thing about this particular monthly challenge is that whether or not you win you will be able to resubmit your entry to the 2014 OPC as well. All winning entries will be published in an annual booklet form and there are some fun prizes as well. Just an FYI, if you do decide to submit to the 2014 OPC the entry must have a creative commons licence. As per usual, please include the following to your entry thread:

Title each new thread March 2014 Entry - <your title>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ###.

The contest will end sometime around the first of April and the winner shall receive a golden compass and fame and fortune beyond anyone's wildest imagination.
    Last edited by arsheesh; 03-07-2014 at 09:30 PM.

This is perfect, absolutely perfect, I was planning on entering the 2014 one page dungeon contest, and I haven't started yet - this gives me the boost I needed.
    On a side note - I can enter in both, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    This is perfect, absolutely perfect, I was planning on entering the 2014 one page dungeon contest, and I haven't started yet - this gives me the boost I needed.
    On a side note - I can enter in both, correct?
    Me as well eVile. And yes, you can enter in both.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Is it cheating if I already have notes for my entry? Or is this one of those captain Kirk change the rules so you can win things?

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Title each new thread February 2014 Entry - <your title>
    That would be "Title each new thread March 2014 Entry - <your title>", correct?

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    Is it cheating if I already have notes for my entry? Or is this one of those captain Kirk change the rules so you can win things?
    Ordinarily the entire project would need to be completed within the scope of the challenge time-frame. However this is a special case since the 2014 One Page Contest submission date began beforehand. Unless any other CLs have objections, I'm happy to make an exception here to the effect that any OPC entries still in their embryo form (that's vague I realize) can still be submitted to this month's challenge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptori View Post
    That would be "Title each new thread March 2014 Entry - <your title>", correct?
    Ack! I always seem to do that. Serves me right for relying on copy and paste shortcuts. Thanks for the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    The contest will end sometime around the first of April and the winner shall receive a golden compass and fame and fortune beyond anyone's wildest imagination.
    Keep in mind that, as Arsheesh said this contest ends April 1, but the One Page Dungeon Contest ends April 30th.

Also, from my experience, the OPC is not a mapping contest. While one of the categories is "Best Map", they really are more about the overall dungeon as it is written.

I may give this one a shot.

I was planning on entering the One Page Dungeon Contest, so I feel I have to enter this one. Perhaps the shorter time limit will do me some good.

I would really encourage everyone to enter this. It's great fun and if you ever need a quick adventure to play - just go to the 1 page dungeon website and look through the entries of previous years.

Good, good. I have thought only on the dungeon story for the Contest, so now I'm going to get the map done for both the Challenge and the contest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast