Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** August challenge - Battlemap Tiles on the go ***

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Is it intended for square tiles/grids only or are hex tiles/grids acceptable?

edit: never mind, on re-reading I saw the "squares" part. Oh well, that's one more month that gets to slip by.
    Nah, I don't have a problem with Hex grids. It's not like I'm gonna kvetch if someone does Hexes, I just don't play any systems with hexes, so I don;t know a good scale to suggest.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hexes use the same scale as squares measured side to side since distance is measured from the center of the hex to the center of the next hex.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If its the difference between having joe participate or not, I say we allow hexes hehehe
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

while i lack any time to actually attempt this challenge (and i would really like to)... theres one board game that comes to mind when you speak of tiled maps... ZOMBIES!!!

For those of you who don't know it, its quite good, addicting, and with expansion packs, can run on forever... The reason this game is a suggestion for ideas is because the board for this game isn't a board, but a series of 3x3 tiles, while you shuffle for each game and place interlocking to make a new board every time... Basically every turn you get, you draw a map tile, place it where it will fit (so tile exits connect), make a die roll to find out how many zombies you can place and place them, then another roll to move your player... its a great game to try, the original is all city blocks, with no insides to buildings... but there are many expansions, to add things from military outposts, to malls, to schools, all of which add new settings and areas.

I think this idea would be great for this challenge.. and if i had time i'd go for it, but i just don't have an opportunity... (I may do something like it at a later date anyways... unless someone wants to pick up the torch)
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Guild Adept

I've been toying around with an idea for this challenge, but I am already at 8 tiles. Is there a maximum number of tiles we should worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by nolgroth View Post
    I've been toying around with an idea for this challenge, but I am already at 8 tiles. Is there a maximum number of tiles we should worry about?
    No, NK lifted that restriction so go for it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I lifted that restriction because frankly I was baffled where people were getting the 8 tile restriction in the first place

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I lifted that restriction because frankly I was baffled where people were getting the 8 tile restriction in the first place
    I think they were getting it from this bit, emphasis mine:

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Create four to eight tiles that can be printed out to use for gaming while using miniatures.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I think they were getting it from this bit, emphasis mine:
    D'OH!

Did you ever write something and forget what you wrote, and then read over it and never see it.

I am so, so, soooooooooo embarassed.

Move along folks, nothing to see here, nothing to see.

Blog Entries

Don't know if your also aware about this minor fact about two exits on every tile...

I was playing making up some twisty maps using my tiles to see how they hang together and noticed that its not possible to terminate a corridor unless you loop it back on itself.

Do you think it would be alright to have a corridor and a room on the end with no other exit ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast