Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geneva: Europe's Wars of Religion

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Whoa...that sea is waay to dark. The land colours are fine, but I think a much lightened up sea would do wonders for the map. Something like this-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Europea.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	62260  

Guild Member Facebook Connected Micah Doulos's Avatar

Oh cool. How did you cause the variance in the light green coast line? Did you do that by hand?

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

That's just a by-product of using the "colour replacement tool" in photoshop. I set it to "find edges" and Most of the time it only added the new colour to the sea areas, but you can see occasionally it slipped over onto the land and added a bit of colour there too. Its a complete fluke that it happens to look good that way!

BTW, did you know GMT already has a point-to-point, card-driven board wargame on this same topic? Its called "Here I Stand" and its gotten some pretty good reviews. I havent played it myself. I gave the GMT map a quick look and it seems like it covers more of Europe. Your's sounds like it will be much simpler.
    Last edited by timallen; 03-12-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Micah Doulos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timallen View Post
    BTW, did you know GMT already has a point-to-point, card-driven board wargame on this same topic? Its called "Here I Stand" and its gotten some pretty good reviews. I havent played it myself. I gave the GMT map a quick look and it seems like it covers more of Europe. Your's sounds like it will be much simpler.
    Yup. I was aware that Here I Stand existed. When the idea for my game first came to me, I did my research on the web to make sure I wasn't replicating something that already existed. The two games I found was Here I Stand and A Mighty Fortress. I haven't played either, but yes, they both seem very complex. My thought was to make something much simpler. I feel like these 2 games both cater to the extremely devoted historian or board game player. I want something that is good, but kind of "dumbed down", lol

I might have miss a thing but wouldn't it be better to use the 16th century international borders ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12