Thread: Hi From an Old New Member

Default Hi From an Old New Member

Looking back my join date is 8th May 2011 so I'm not really a new member in the traditional sense.

I joined after getting a copy of CC3. I was in the Army at the time though and as luck would have it all my stuff was boxed up a few weeks later and I was shipped half way around the world. No mapmaking for me then!

I've been back on Civvie St for a while now but between a full time job and university I've not had much spare time. On top of that my only Windows machine exploded a while back. I finally picked up a new machine just the other day, shoved all my software on it and I seem to spend most of my time messing around on CC3. I'm used to Photoshop (and GIMP) so using a CAD program is one hell of a learning curve but it seems like a great bit of software, it's a lot more powerful than I was expecting.

Although maps of all types are pretty cool, my main interest is fantasy. I used to DM but I really don't have time at the moment so I won't be creating copious player supplements. I have a few ideas for some supplemets for a few of the board games I play though and I also write fiction (badly) so maybe I'll make some maps for my own worlds. Of course I haven't produced anything above beginner standard yet so who knows what I'll end up doing.

I look forward to meeting you all on the forums.

EDIT: Actually it seems that I joined 5th August 2011 - damn me and my British way of reading dates.
    Last edited by Triquetra; 03-09-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Welcome back! I'm glad that you decided to become more active in this community.

Welcome to the club, as I'm also an old member that only became active recently

Welcome back! Happy mapping